The nexus between Nigeria government and Citizens, The Nigeria laws and society.
Sunday, 20 December 2015
My Country and I.The Triangular Truth
My Country and I.The Triangular Truth
Are We are at the turning point? Can We claim we want civility? But can we be honest; what we really want is to dominate, claim superiority and for the other side to shut up
We can criticize the politicians, but how many of us truly want to collaborate or cooperate? Critics becomes loyalty when giving a part in the national cake e.g senator Dino, former labour leader now a governor e.t.c
Here is the deal and truth, people: Congress works for us like every other business firm with ultimate aim of making profit
They are not going to change until we do. They are not going to start thinking bigger until we start thinking bigger.
Polarizing politics is not a new problem. It inherited in every society either Big or Small
During the 2015 general election, I watched my close suburban community divide. People who once shared friendly backyard akara and eko began to question one another morals and values.
Different foes with different ideology, one very conservative (Dole continuity), and one very radical ( Dole Change)
Because they both considered me a like-minded peer, they spoke freely about the other side.
I got to hear their unfiltered assessment of the other side. You know those people, You know, those people who dont share our values, who dont care about our country, or families or schools or God the same way we do. All thanks to the mass media (AIT and TVC) who helped fuel the crisis
Both sides were equally self-righteous and judgmental.
It broke my heart, because I knew that their values were more alike than they were different. Same politicians in different political party. We were blinded folded without questioning the CHANGE
I also knew there had to be a better way.
let's spent the next five years studying the worlds greatest problem solvers, people like Albert Einstein, Thomas Jefferson and John Adams. We will dissected conflict after conflict to identify which behaviors enabled people to solve their problems and which behaviors kept them stuck.
The result: The Triangle of Truth is a problem-solving model to rise above either/or thinking.
Based on the best practices of the worlds greatest thinkers, The Triangle of Truth is rooted in 7 core principles:
1. Embrace AND
2. Make peace with ambiguity
3. Hold space for other perspectives
4. Seek higher ground
5. Discern intent
6. Elevate others
7. Be the peace
The "Am always Right" so you must be "wrong" paradigm isnt working. It never did, and it never will.
There is a critical turning point inside every conflict when the two parties either attack each other, or they attack the problem. These 7 best practices of The Triangle of Truth keep the focus on the problem.
If we want things to change in our own country nigeria, we the people need to start the process.
I used to sit on the sidelines criticizing politicians. Then I decided, this is my country; if I love it, I need to stop criticizing and start helping.
Why am I doing this?
Because I love my country.
Am a victim of circumstance, am a Nigeria citizen who is no longer going to sit on sidelines and watch her country implode, explode and crumble .
If we the people want a better government, then we the people need to help our leaders create one.
Am in. How about you? This is my little offer. What about YOU?
No comments:
Post a Comment